Friday, February 5, 2010

Love is...

After 3 days of making art with my students for our annual Intersession, I was delighted to return to classes today. New semester, new student teacher, new me. I felt rejuvenated by our art-making, and inspired by the PD with Jennifer Abrams I had on Monday, which I'll write about over the weekend.

Then someone emailed me this quote:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13

I don't know the Bible very well, nor have I looked to it before for guidance. But I am so happy to have received this today. It sums up exactly the kind of love that I want to have with my students, every day, every minute. When they are distracted, frustrated, discouraged, disrespectful, perfect. Protect them, trust them, hope for them, persevere on their behalf. Even when I'm disillusioned and discouraged, even when I'm tired and frustrated.

May you all experience this kind of love in yourself while you work. May you receive it from those around you too.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment